I’m back home from spending the weekend at AnimeNEXT. I’m exhausted, but it was fun, and I saw a lot of cool stuff. Speaking of cool stuff, look at what I now own:
These are two characters from Fate/Zero, a dark fantasy series by Gen Urobuchi (also known in some circles as Urobutcher, which makes more sense if you have exposure to his work).
As a bonus, one of those characters is Alexander the Great. Yes, it’s a fictional adaptation of him, but as a history major I am still exceedingly happy to have Alexander the Great on a keychain.
As for cosplay, it was interesting to see what people are dressing up as this year. Here’s a small rundown of what I saw, with vague estimates:
- tons of Naruto and Bleach characters
- five Elizabeths from Bioshock Infinite
- many, many Fairy Tail characters, though I might be biased because I took pictures of most of them during the Fairy Tail shoot
- around five or so Shizuos from Durarara!, a few less Izayas, and two Celtys (so happy to see Durarara! cosplays, by the way)
- a Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones
- three people from Attack on Titan–one was unquestionably Sasha, but I didn’t see enough of the others to make a positive character ID
- a couple of Korras, from Legend of Korra
I was incredibly excited to see so many Elizabeths from Bioshock Infinite, although I didn’t expect Elizabeth to single handedly outnumber Game of Thrones! Moreover, there were even more posters of Elizabeth in Artist Alley on display than for Game of Thrones.
Here’s a picture from the Fairy Tail photo shoot I was at (since my friends were cosplaying).
Anyone else been to any conventions this year? Any costuming trends you think are going on?